Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Children's Book Review: I Love You, Little Monkey

I Love You, Little Monkey

I Love You, Little Monkey
Written by: Alan Durant
Illustrated by:  Katharine McEwen
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2006
32 pages

from goodreads.com:
Little Monkey is being naughty. So Big Monkey gets very angry and Little Monkey ends up very sad. But even though Big Monkey doesn't always like the naughty things Little Monkey does, one thing is clear: Big Monkey loves Little Monkey.  Always.

* Ever since I can remember, we have always called our son our little monkey.  This book was chosen from the title alone.  As we were reading, the story, the lines:  "Do you love me when I'm naughty?" asked Little Monkey.  "Of course I do," said Big Monkey.  "I may not like the naughty things you do, but I love you always...." prompted my daughter to say, "Just like me!"  As I've mentioned, we've been having some behavior issues with her, but we always tell her that we love her on her very best and very worst of days.  It was cute that she recognized Little Monkey was being naughty but Big Monkey still loved him.  The kids and I enjoyed this book a lot!

Family Rating: two thumbs up.



No comments:

Post a Comment