Thursday, December 1, 2011

Creamy Shrimp and Rice

So I needed to use the second Philly Cooking Creme that my husband had bought awhile ago.  I found this recipe on the kraft website.  It was quick and easy.  If I didn't have my three year old son helping me cook dinner it would have even been cooked faster than the 40 minutes that it took us.  I did substitute frozen peas for the sugar snap peas, since I already had them.  I also used frozen, uncooked shrimp, so it took a little longer since I had to cook them. This is an easy and quick weeknight meal.


Creamy Shrimp and Rice
http://www.kraftbrands.com/

Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Ingredients:
2 tsp.olive oil
1/2 cup each chopped red peppers and onions
1 pkg.(6 oz.) sugar snap peas, halved
1 lb.frozen cooked cleaned medium shrimp with tails left on, thawed, drained
1/4 cupmilk
1/4 tsp.black pepper
1 tub(10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
2 cups hot cooked rice
 
Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add red peppers and onions; cook and stir 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in peas; cook 3 to 4 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, milk and black pepper; cook and stir 3 min. or until heated through. Add cooking creme; cook and stir 2 min. Serve over rice.
 
Family Rating: 1 thumb up. (The kids liked it minus the red pepper).

No comments:

Post a Comment