Sunday, September 2, 2012

Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza

I have been making pizza weekly now for the past couple of months.  I normally buy two packages of dough from the store and make one new pizza recipe and one plain cheese pizza for the kids.  My husband and I share the specialty pizza.  He usually eats his half of the pizza in one sitting.  I like to eat one piece for dinner and save my other half for lunch the next day.  I made sure that to remind him not to take my pizza to work for his lunch the next day after what happened with our last pizza.  When I made the Peach Gorgonzola Chicken pizza (which was delicious!) he ended up taking my leftover piece to work and eating it for lunch!  And I was so looking forward to eating it myself!  I told him that he just wanted me to make it again!  Well, this Garlic Ranch Chicken pizza is just as tasty! I was so confident that my daughter would enjoy this pizza that I ended up making two of them, instead of one plain pizza!  And she did like it!  This was an opportunity for the kids to try bacon bits for the first time.  As my husband pointed out, it's just flavored soy bits really.  There's actually no bacon in bacon bits.  Of course, they're salty and crunchy so they were a hit with the kids!  We all enjoyed this pizza and it's another one that I wouldn't mind making again!


Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
recipe from Tidy Mom

Ingredients:
1 pizza crust
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 tomato,sliced and diced
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 Parmesan cheese
8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
garlic (to taste)
bacon bits
1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2.Put pizza crust on pizza stone, drizzle with olive oil and spread over crust with brush.

3.Saute chicken in skillet with olive oil and garlic (I used 1tsp of the jarred minced garlic).

4.Spread Ranch dressing over crust.

5.Sprinkle with cooked chicken, cheeses, tomatoes, green onions and bacon bits.
6.Place in oven for 20 mins. or until cheese is melted. Let rest for several minutes, then cut and serve.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment