Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sausage Pizza Joes

I saw this recipe and knew it would be a hit.  Pizza and sausage?  My kids love both.  And an added plus was that this recipe was super easy.  The original recipe called for mushrooms and any other veggies of your choice.  I chose not to add any and just served some veggies on the side.  I thought that this was super tasty.  My daughter really enjoyed it but my son wasn't really digging it.  I will totally admit that I'm really not into messy eating....and this is super messy to pick up and eat.  So I ended up eating it with a fork and knife.  If you want a superquick and tasty weeknight dinner, this is it!

Sausage Pizza Joes
recipe slightly adapted from Edesia's Notebook

Ingredients:
Olive oil
½ large onion, chopped
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
14 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Hamburger buns

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onions. When soft, add sausage and break up with a spoon. Cook until sausage is completely cooked through. Drain off grease. Pour in pizza sauce and stir to combine.

Place sausage mixture on buns and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve warm.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment