Monday, November 12, 2012

Children's Book Review: What is Veteran's Day?

What Is Veterans Day?

What is Veterans Day?
Written by:  Elaine Landau
Published by: Enslow Elementary, 2012

* I was looking for an age-appropriate book that would be suitable for both my 4 and 6 year old children that would help explain what Veterans Day is.  I put a couple of different books on hold at the library, but this one is definitely my favorite.  It is part of the "I Like Holidays" series.  Each page has a large, title with simple text to explain how the title relates to Veterans Day (Our Veterans, Parades, Speeches, etc.) with photographs to help illustrate.  This book was recently published so it is relevant (President Obama is featured giving a speech).  I think this was a great book that explained Veterans Day simply to young children. 

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment