Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Brussels Sprouts Gnocchi Pan Fried with Sage Butter

I recently posted the Banana Chocolate Chunk Nutella Muffins that I made for The Secret Recipe Club.  I had the blog Spinach Tiger and there were so many recipes that I wanted to try out that I couldn't just make one!  I posted the muffins for reveal day but I wanted to share another recipe that I had made from Angela's blog.  I had some leftover mashed potatoes so this was a perfect way to use them up!  I posted the ingredient amounts from the original recipe but I had to use a LOT more flour to be able to roll my "dough" out and keep it from falling apart.  Once these were cooked though they were really tasty!  These were a bit more work than I had anticipated for a quick weeknight dinner, but definitely worth the effort. 


Brussels Sprouts Gnocchi Pan Fried with Sage Butter
recipe from Spinach Tiger

Ingredients:
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 large shallots
6-8 brussels sprouts, shredded
1 egg
½ cup flour
¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
8 sage leaves
2 tablespoons butter
olive oil
a few sprigs fresh thyme
salt
pepper

Directions:
Shred brussels sprouts with knife or mandolin. Remove large leaves and save those for garnishing the plate.

Saute shallots in butter and olive oil until soft. Add brussels sprouts, fresh thyme cook for 5- minutes on medium heat.

Add brussels sprouts and cheese to potatoes. You want a ratio of about 1 to 2, brussels sprouts to potatoes. Add egg. Mix thoroughly. Add flour. Mix gently. Using floured hands and a clean cutting board that has been floured, roll into long tube. Cut and run fork across. Put in salted boiling water until they rise to top, about one minute only.

Remove from water, drain well.

Put butter into frying pan. Add sage leaves and fry leaves until crisp, not browned. Remove. Add gnocchi, and fry until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Pan fry in sage butter.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment