Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

I'm still really behind on my postings.  If you can believe it, I made this recipe back in January!  It's been a really long time since I used the slow cooker.  Since I've become a stay-at-home mom it's not so much of a necessity anymore as much as a convenience.  I actually ended up making this recipe on a Sunday when I knew we were going to be busy but wanted us to be able to eat dinner at home.  I've had this recipe saved for so long but had never made it because I knew the kids would never eat it.  I was really craving something buffalo chicken flavored though and decided to go for it.  I cooked up some leftover lasagna noodles for the kids and served them with butter and cheese.  My husband and I were both glad that I finally made this.  It was really easy to put together and tasted really good!  There's definitely a kick from the buffalo wing sauce!  With the tang from the blue cheese this lasagna was really flavorful!    



Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
recipe from Stephanie O'Dea's A Year of Slow Cooking

Ingredients:
uncooked traditional lasagna noodles
4 already cooked chicken breast halves
jar of prepared pasta sauce
1 cup buffalo wing sauce
15 oz. tub of ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella and cheddar blend)
1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
1/4 cup of water (add at very end)

Directions:
In a large glass bowl, combine cooked and chopped chicken breast, the pasta sauce, and 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce.

Ladle a big spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of a 5 qt crockpot. Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking as needed to get a proper fit.

Add a smear of ricotta cheese to the top of the noodles. Sprinkle on a handful of shredded cheese.

Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.

Add the bleu cheese crumbles, if desired. Put the 1/4 cup of water into your empty pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour the liquid over the top of the entire lasagna.

Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5. When cooking time is complete, unplug and take off the lid of the crock. Let it sit for 20 minutes before cutting into.

Mommy & Daddy Rating: 2 thumbs up.

This post is shared at:
Tasty Tuesdays @ 33 Shades of Green
Totally Tasty Tuesdays @ Mandy's Recipe Box
Back for Seconds Social @ Back for Seconds
Work it Wednesdays @ High Heels & Grills

No comments:

Post a Comment