Thursday, April 18, 2013

Asian Barbequed Butterflied Leg of Lamb

Okay, these next few days I will be posting and catching up on recipes that I made for Easter. Yes, as usual, I'm behind on my posts! I hosted Easter dinner for my family, including my sister and her husband and children, who traveled up from Maryland.  My husband and I love lamb but we rarely make it. We decided to make it for our Easter dinner since my brother and brother-in-law also really like it.  I tend to lean more towards asian flavors when marinating, as I did when choosing this recipe.  This recipe was super easy.  We put the marinade together and marinated the lamb overnight.  Another plus of this recipe is that it is grilled.  My husband took care of the cooking of this while I was inside cooking up all the side dishes.  This was one of those rare occasions when a double oven would come in really handy!  We all enjoyed this lamb! It was really flavorful and well-cooked.  My husband cooked it perfectly where the ends were more cooked for those, like me, who prefer their meat a little more well done, and the middle was rare, like the way he enjoys it. 

BTW:  My sister is a vegetarian.  Although she's fine eating a meal of side dishes, I try to have a main dish type protein for her.  We ended up doubling this sauce and marinating a block of firm tofu in some of it overnight.  We then quick-fried it in a pan over high heat for a couple minutes on each side.  It was a tasty dish that even us non-vegetarians were eating.  Sadly enough, I did not get a pic of the dish before it was eaten up. 

Asian Barbequed Butterflied Leg of Lamb
recipe adapted from allrecipes.com, courtesy of Cindy

Ingredients:
2/3 cup hoisin sauce
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (5 pound) boneless butterflied leg of lamb

Directions:
1.In a large resealable plastic bag, mix hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, green onions, soy sauce, garlic, honey, sesame oil, and black pepper. Place lamb in bag, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.


2.Preheat grill for high heat.

3.Oil the grill grate. Place lamb on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook 15 minutes on each side, to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), or to desired doneness. Transfer meat to a serving platter, and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!

This post is shared at:
Foodtastic Friday @ Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Tasty Thursdays @ The Mandatory Mooch

No comments:

Post a Comment