Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cake Batter Bars

I know a few days ago I posted Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats.  Well I had some funfetti cake mix left over and Kim from Lovin' From the Oven, where I found the Rice Krispy Treat recipe also had this recipe there.  What a perfect way to use up the rest of the leftover cake mix.  These bars were sooo good!  They were really moist and chewy and easy to make.  To help myself not eat the whole batch I'd cut myself one large square in around lunchtime and every time I'd want some I'd cut a little sliver off of that one square.  It helped to make that one square last almost all day!  Since I'm not a huge chocolate lover these were right up my alley.  I will totally be making these again soon!


Cake Batter Bars
Lovin' From the Oven

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup funfetti cake mix
3/4 cup AP flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 heaping tablespoons sprinkles of your choice (I used stars)

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.

2.Cream both sugars, butter, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk.

3.Gradually mix in flour, cake mix, and baking soda until just mixed. Stir in sprinkles.

4.Spread batter evenly into greased pan.

5.Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly browned and middle still jiggles slightly. Cool completely before cutting.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment