Monday, December 3, 2012

Might Have Missed Monday: Cannoli French Toast

I have recently started re-posting some of our family's favorite recipes from the past year, in case you "might have missed" them.  I had posted this November 11, 2011.  Our family, especially the kids, love breakfast-for-dinner.  It allows me to make some of the casseroles and breakfast type foods that require too much time and effort for me to make in the mornings.  To me, the best part of a cannoli is the inside, so I enjoyed this too!  It's almost too good to be dinner......more like dessert!  This was definitely a winner for us all!  As I'm writing this I'm thinking I may have to make this again for us soon!
Cannoli French Toast
EveryDay With Rachael Ray, October 2010

Ingredients:
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
12 slices sandwich bread

Directions:
1.Sift 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl, then stir in 1 cup ricotta cheese. In a medium bowl, beat together 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk. Trim the crusts off 12 slices sandwich bread and, using a rolling pin, roll out the bread to flatten. Add 1 tablespoon of the sweetened ricotta to each slice, fold over and pinch the edges together. (The edges will seal during cooking.) In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Working in 3 batches, dip the stuffed bread slices in the egg mixture and transfer to the skillet. Cook, turning once, until puffed and golden, about 3 minutes. Dust with more confectioners’ sugar before serving.

Family Rating: 2 Thumbs Up!

This post is shared at:
Manic Monday @ Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
The Bulletin Board @ Mrs. Happy Homemaker
Mangia Mondays @ Delightfully Dowling


1 comment: