Monday, December 17, 2012

Might Have Missed Monday: Libby's Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins

Here's a muffin recipe that I made last November that we enjoyed a lot. 

I saw this recipe, which was originally for a bread and decided to make muffins instead. I halved the recipe, only making 12 muffins. I prefer to make muffins because I can freeze some and they make for a quick, easy breakfast on a busy morning. I also used dried cranberries instead of fresh. Next time, I would definitely try to use fresh cranberries. The dried cranberries that I used had an overly sweet taste.


Libby's Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
recipe adapted from: Very Best Baking

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 12 muffin pan or use liners.

2.Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and orange juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into muffin pan.

3.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment