Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recipe Repeat - Spaghetti with Parmesan and Bacon

I normally don't make the same recipe twice.  I have so many recipes that I want to try that I'd rather make something new than something I've already made.  For some reason though, I've saved all the torn-out recipes from magazines that I've already tried.  These go back several years!  So, in cleaning out my binder I've decided to go back and remake some of the more promising recipes. I used Ronzoni Garden Delight spaghetti.  My kids don't taste a difference and they get the extra veggies.  I also used a pound of bacon.  We all LOVE bacon in our house and can never have enough!




Spaghetti with Parmesan and Bacon
Cooking Light, April 2003

Ingredients:
1 pound uncooked spaghetti
12 bacon slices, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 large eggs
1 cup frozen petite green peas, thawed
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Preparation:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup hot cooking liquid.

While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Discard remaining drippings; set bacon aside. Add garlic to drippings in pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.

Combine milk, salt, pepper, and eggs, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add reserved hot cooking liquid to milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add pasta, milk mixture, and peas to skillet; cook over low heat 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add bacon and cheese; stir to combine.
 
Family rating:  1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment