Thursday, October 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Garlic Ranch Chicken

I'm always on the lookout for new slow cooker recipes.  The slow cooker is a kitchen staple for a busy mom!  Honestly, most of the slow cooker recipes that I've made in the past haven't been that great.  I know that my slow cooker tends to cook things faster than the designated cooking time.  Now that I'm home and can easily check on the doneness of dishes I'm hoping to have less overcooked meals!  This recipe has only 5 ingredients.  Throw it in the slow cooker and let it do its thing.  I ended up cooking some egg noodles, shredding the chicken once it was cooked, and mixing it all together in the sauce as seen below.  I ended up serving it with some steamed veggies.  Easy....definitely.  Taste-wise it was okay.  I won't be making this again....but then again I don't make many recipes twice.  The kids enjoyed it, although my son, like usual, ate more noodles than chicken. 
Slow Cooker Garlic Ranch Chicken
recipe from Cookin' Mimi

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup low sodium and/or low fat
3 cloves, garlic peeled, and lightly smashed
1 packet (approximately 2 Tablespoons) ranch dressing mix
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
1.Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.

2.In a small bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup, garlic cloves, ranch dressing mix, and black pepper.

3.Pour over chicken breasts.

4.Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-4 or until chicken is tender and has reached 165 degrees.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.



No comments:

Post a Comment