Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blue-Cheese Burgers

I cannot believe that today is the first day of September!  We are enjoying these last few days of summer and the kids are excited to be heading to 1st grade and preschool! 

Recently, I've made and eaten some pretty tasty burgers!  I'm not a huge burger eater, but every now I'm really in the mood for a good one.  I know my daughter doesn't like blue cheese but I've seen different variations on a blue-cheese burger and decided it was about time that I made one.  All I did with this recipe was omit the blue cheese from her burger.  I posted the original recipe serving amounts, which makes 8 burgers.  I just halved it to make 4. We all really enjoyed this burger and sauce.  I was happy to get my blue cheese burger fix! 

Blue-Cheese Burgers
recipe slightly adapted from all*you, May 2012

Ingredients:

Burgers:
2 pounds ground beef
1 shallot, finely minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 ounces blue cheese
8 hamburger buns
8 slices of tomato

Sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup ranch dressing
2 tablespoons chopped pickle
1 teaspoon hot sauce

Directions:
1. Make burgers: In a large bowl, combine beef, shallot, salt, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Using your fingers, mix gently but thoroughly. Divide meat mixture into 16 disks. Portion cheese into 8 small disks and place in the center of 8 hamburger disks. Top with remaining hamburger disks, pressing to seal.

2. Make sauce: In a bowl, combine ketchup, dressing, pickle and hot sauce. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

3. Preheat grill to medium. Grill hamburgers for about 7 minutes (for medium-rare), turning once. Remove from heat and let rest for 2 minutes. Grill buns, cut sides down, for 30 seconds.

4.  Serve burger with desired amount of sauce on top.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment