Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Zucchini Chicken Stir Fry

I love making stir frys.  They are great when you need a quick dinner.  All the work is in chopping whatever you want to put in it.  Otherwise, some high heat and sauce, and voila dinner is ready!  I usually put some rice in the rice cooker and my meal is complete.  I thought that this recipe was different with the zucchini.  Although I haven't learned my lesson....the kids don't like zucchini as my daughter is always quick to point out whenever she sees it in her dinner.  Like I didn't get the memo the first time!  I keep trying hoping maybe they'll change their taste buds' minds.....I like zucchini a lot and it's in such abundance and cheap over the summer!  Overall, this recipe was okay but definitely has potential.  I used regular Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce.  I don't normally buy the teriyaki cooking sauces they sell in the grocery store, though I think that type would have added more flavor to this.  The kids basically had chicken and rice for dinner, picking out all of the veggies after the required one bite of each.  Oh well!

Zucchini Chicken Stir Fry
recipe from Mandy's Recipe Box

Ingredients:
oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
additional veggies like bell peppers, canned baby corn, water chesnuts, etc.
teriyaki sauce
cooked rice

Directions:
1. Heat oil in skillet or dutch oven and add chopped onion. Cook a bit and then add the chicken. Cover and cook part way and add zucchini.

2. Cover again and cook till zucchini and chicken are done. Add pineapple, additional veggies and teriyaki sauce. Heat through. Serve over rice.


Family Rating: 1 thumb up.





No comments:

Post a Comment