Thursday, September 27, 2012

Peach Muffins

It's time again for another muffin recipe.  My family loves muffins.....maybe because they are usually sweet and very dessert-like......for breakfast!  I give one to the kids in the morning with a yogurt and some fruit and they are good to go.  So I am always on the look out for new muffin recipes to try.  When I first saw this recipe I was thinking sweet, summer peaches when I saw "Peach" Muffins.  After some further reading I discovered I was going to be using canned peaches.  This kind of changed my idea of what these muffins were going to taste like.  But the kids like canned peaches and I already had a can in the cabinet.  These were super easy to make and were pretty tasty.  These seem like a good winter fruit muffin when there's not a lot of fresh in season fruit.


Peach Muffins
recipe slightly adapted from Talking Dollars and Cents

Yield:  10-12 muffins

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cup all-purpose baking mix
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 15-oz can of sliced peaches, drained and diced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.

Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
Mix egg, butter, milk and peaches in a smaller bowl.
Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients
Fill muffin tins 3/4 full making sure to distribute peach bits.

Bake 20-25 minutes.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment