Friday, March 2, 2012

HERSHEY's Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

For Valentine's Day I sent in cookies with my daughter for her class party.  This recipe made more than she needed, so the family got to enjoy some of the extras!  I don't make a lot of baked goods and now I know why.  Being home all day I was literally eating three or more a day!  I had to send some in with my husband to work or I think I would have gained a couple of extra pounds by the end of the week. 

There's nothing like the smell of chocolate chip cookies being baked in the oven.  And I don't think it gets much better than eating a warm one right out of the oven!  I tried to be cute and make them heart-shaped, but most of them you couldn't tell (a waste of me trying to shape each one before placing on the pan!).

HERSHEY's Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
HERSHEY's site

Ingredients:
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
1 Heat oven to 375°F.

2 Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

 About 5 dozen cookies.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!

Weekend Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Cooking sweet treats when you are home all day and trying not to eat them is so hard.

    Love the blog. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete