Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tuscan Lemon Muffins


I don't think I've yet to make a muffin that my family hasn't enjoyed.  As the saying goes, muffins are just an excuse to eat cake for breakfast!  This recipe caught my eye because my kids are big lemon eaters.  While I'm not a big fan of lemon I thought that they'd enjoy these....and of course they did! The lemon flavor isn't too overwhelming that I actually enjoyed them too.  They were very moist possibly due to the ricotta and olive oil, which were new muffin making ingredients for me).   I do not have turbinado sugar, though I should really get some since this isn't the first recipe that I've made that used it!.

Tuscan Lemon Muffins
Cooking Light, May 2011

Ingredients:
7 9/10 ounces all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 375°.

2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); make a well in center. Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (through egg). Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

3. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment