Friday, March 16, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread

When I saw this recipe while blog perusing I immediately bookmarked it and had to make it.  If I haven't mentioned it, my kids LOVE peanut butter and jelly.  That's what they'd have for lunch every day if I let them, but I try to limit it to one time a week!  I thought this would be a nice treat for them and it looked easy enough for them to help make.  All I can say is YUMMY!  I had to stop myself from eating the whole thing. And next time I won't stop, because it definitely didn't taste nearly as good the next day! 


Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread
from Picky Palate

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:
1 can Refrigerated Biscuits, 8 count
1/4 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed in microwave until liquid like
1/2 cup jelly of choice, warmed in microwave until liquid like
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Place melted butter into a large ziplock bag and toss in cut biscuits. Shake around to coat then toss in sugar, mixing to combine. Pour into prepared 9-inch cast iron skillet and drizzle warmed peanut butter and jelly over top. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cooked through and golden.

3. Whisk the heavy cream and powdered sugar until combined then drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment