Friday, November 23, 2012

Children's Book Review: Neville

Neville

Neville
Written by:  Norton Juster
Illustrated by:  G. Brian Karas
Published by: schwartz & wade Books, 2011

from goodreads.com:
Written by the acclaimed author of The Phantom Tollbooth, this is a simply told story about a boy who moves to a new neighborhood and finds a unique way to make friends. With whimsical illustrations by award-winning illustrator G. Brian Karas, here is a read-aloud that's great for storytime, and is sure to be a hit among fans of Juster, Karas, and anyone who is "the new kid on the block."

* This was a book that the kids originally read with my husband.  My daughter saw it lying around and asked me if I had read it.  I told her I hadn't and she started to tell me about it.  I ended up reading it again to the kids while they were finishing up their lollipop treats.  They knew about all the kids calling for "Neville" and started yelling it too as I read (in the appropriate places!).  This was a cute story, perfect for a child that moves and is nervous about making new friends.  This was our first book by Juster, but we will definitely have to check some of his other picture books out.

This book was borrowed from the library.

Family Rating:  1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment