Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beginning Reader Book Review: P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out

P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out

P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out
Written by: Marilyn Sadler
Illustrated by: Roger Bollen
Published by:  Random House, 1993

from goodreads.com:
Illus. in full color. Camping is not for girls, right? At least, that's what P.J. and his pals tell Donna and Honey Bunny when they want to tag along on a camping trip. But when two mysterious ghosts frighten the boys all the way home, only the girls know the "real" story.

* My son picked this book off of the beginning chapter book shelves at the library.  I didn't really like when P.J. told his sister that "Camping is not for girls."  I asked my son, is he right?  Can girls go camping? I was very relieved when my son told me that girls can go camping (which we have done before as a family!).  However, in the end, the girls prevail.  This was a good book to practice predicting.  When I had my son make some predictions he ended up being partly correct.  When I made my prediction and ended up being correct, my kids accused me of reading the book before!  Overall, this was a cute story about a bunny and his friends who attempt to go on a camping trip but end up being frightened and run home.

This book was borrowed from the library.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.



No comments:

Post a Comment