Thursday, November 8, 2012

Reuben Pizza

We had leftover corned beef after I had made it in the slow cooker.  I wanted to make something with the leftovers, instead of just serving leftover corned beef.  So, I thought that I'd make a pizza since our family loves pizza so much.  My husband and I came up with the ingredients and discussed how I would make it.  As much as I love a good reuben every now and then I don't really like seeded rye bread.  I had to draw the line when my husband suggested that we add caraway seeds to the dough!  Overall, I think this sounded better in concept than it tasted.  Although my husband really enjoyed this I thought it was okay.  The kids surprisingly ate this, sauerkraut and all! 
Reuben Pizza
recipe by The Busy Mom (my own recipe)

Ingredients:
1 store bought pizza dough
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup sauerkraut
2-3 Tbps. Thousand Island dressing (or more if you prefer)
1 cup shredded corned beef
1 cup shredded swiss cheese

Directions:
Preheat pizza stone in oven at 450 degrees F.  Roll/stretch dough into desired shape and thickness.

Brush olive oil on dough, leaving approximately a 1-inch crust.  In a small bowl mix sauerkraut and thousand island dressing (use more dressing if you want it saucier).  Spread on prepared crust. Arrange corned beef on top.  Sprinkle swiss cheese on top.

Cook in oven for 12-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

This recipe is shared at:
Tastetastic Thursday @ A Little Nosh
Full Plate Thursday @ Mis Helen's Country Cottage
Creative Thursday @ Michelle's Tasty Creations

3 comments:

  1. What a creative way to use leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    I just love Reuben and this pizza would be awesome! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pizza! My hubby is a Reuben kinda guy. I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete