Monday, November 5, 2012

Orange Chicken for Dummies

This recipe has less than five ingredients AND is made in the slow cooker.  This was definitely on my to try list.  I have found and tried a lot of recipes from Mandy's Recipe Box and almost all of them have been really tasty!  So when I saw this one I decided to make it on one of our busy Monday weeknights.  My son, who is a really picky eater, ate all of his chicken.  Unfortunately, this was one of those recipes that I thought was just okay.  The catalina dressing was really strong and I think a bit too sweet. Unfortunately, as quick and easy as this was to make, I won't be making this dish again. 

Orange Chicken for Dummies
recipe from Mandy's Recipe Box

Ingredients:
1 envelope (1 oz.) onion soup mix
1 c. apricot preserves
1c. Catalina salad dressing
2-3 lbs Chicken tenders

Directions:
Place all in a slow cooker and stir to coat the chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.

You can also put it in a 9x13 baking dish and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

Serve over rice.

Family Rating: So-so.

No comments:

Post a Comment