Thursday, November 1, 2012

Children's Book Review: This is Not My Hat

This is Not My Hat

This Is Not My Hat
Written and illustrated by:  Jon Klassen
Published by:  Candlewick Press, 2012
36 pages

from goodreads.com:
A fish has stolen a hat. And he'll probably get away with it. Probably.

* I've been saving this post until after Halloween. I saw this book on display several weeks ago at the library.  It was just recently released and I had to read it.  I have become a big fan of Jon Klassen since reading Extra Yarn and I Want My Hat Back.  I think we were the first ones to borrow this book since it has the new book smell and non-crinkled pages.  This book is a sequel to I Want My Hat Back but has different characters, and a different setting.  In this book a little fish has stolen a hat and thinks he will get away with it, trying to justify his theft.  The pictures in this book add to the humor and understanding of what's really going on.  I think this is a book that I enjoyed more than the kids!

* This book was borrowed from the library.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment