Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Children's Book Review: Not All Princesses Dress in Pink

Not All Princesses Dress in Pink

Not All Princesses Dress in Pink
Written by:  Jane Yolen & Heidi Y. Stemple
Illustrated by:  Anne-Sophie Lanquetin
Published by: Simon & Schuster, 2010
32 pages

From goodreads.com:
Celebrate girl power with acclaimed author Jane Yolen and her daughter Heidi Stemple, and mischievous illustrations by Anne-Sophie Lanquetin!

* Like I've mentioned before, I seek out princess books to read to my own "princess."  Jane Yolen has written over three hundred books, including the "How Do Dinosaurs...." series that our family loves.  This book showcased lots of activities that princesses do, besides wear pink.  Among many things, they get dirty, play sports, and fix things.  It sends a positive message to girls that they can do anything and still wear "a sparkly crown."  My daughter loves reading and listening to all books so I'm not sure how much of an impact this book had on her.  I definitely plan on re-reading it to her though before it gets sent back to the library.
 
Mommy Rating: 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment