Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Shopping

The holidays are quickly approaching and I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping.  I love being home and able to shop during the week, when stores aren't very busy.  Luckily for me, my son has been super cooperative on our daily errands.  Unfortunately, I still haven't finished shopping which gets me stressed out. 

Thanks to a former teacher colleague, I've borrowed her idea that Santa only brings one present to the kids.  But it's the one present that they really want.   We did this for the first time two years ago and it has worked out wonderfully.  It's been a little harder this year, when looking at the toy catalogs, both kids circled pretty much everything!  I don't think my kids, ages 3 and 5, are at an age where they really want something in particular.  So, my husband and I have decided and already bought their "Santa" presents and have been trying to hype those up! 

Since my kids get so many presents from the family my husband and I try not to go crazy buying them a lot of presents.  It's really hard having my son with me all day though because I can't buy anything for him! 

Growing up, my family always made Christmas lists.  This way, we were sure to get something that we actually wanted or could use.  We still operate like this which helps make shopping a little easier.  It's still hard when I want to try to find the "perfect" present for everyone, especially those not in my family who don't make lists.   

Ultimately, I have resigned myself to stop stressing over the shopping.  I remind myself what the holiday is really about.  I will be spending the holiday with loved ones and that is the greatest gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment