Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I don't think I've gone out to celebrate New Year's Eve since I've had my daughter over five years ago.  I've been to my share of clubs, house parties, and even brought in 2000 down in Times Square in the city.  However, I hate that so many people drink and drive tonight and prefer not to be on the road with them.  As I've gotten older, it's also been harder for me to stay up until midnight!  So we'll be having a quiet New Year's Eve tonight, which suits me just fine! 

I also don't make New Year's resolutions because frankly, I just can't keep them!  My husband and I have said that we are going to try to eat healthier.  This really falls on me now to uphold since I do the grocery shopping and cooking! No dieting, no joining a gym (although I am going to try to start exercising a little bit more, now that the holidays are over and I'll hopefully have the time!).  Finally, I would like to try to learn something new this year.  Not sure yet what it will be, but I'll be thinking about it.  I've realized that I've become pretty complacent and have gotten too comfortable.  I need to mix things up a little bit.  So, wait a second, maybe I am attempting to make resolutions......

Happy New Year to you and your families!  Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2012!  See you next year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment