Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Weekend Chef: Quiche Lorraine-ish

Saturday, my husband, the weekend chef, played his version of Chopped.  I asked what he wanted to make for dinner and he opened up the fridge, looked and said, pie crust, bacon, eggs, swiss, done! I'm making a quiche. 
I only had red onion in the house, which would probably have been fine if he had sauteed it first before mixing it in.  I love onion, so for me to say there was a lot of onion, there was a LOT! 

Quiche Lorraine-ish
The Weekend Chef

Ingredients:
1 pie crust, we used Pillsbury's
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 pound bacon
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.

3. While bacon is cooking whisk eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir in the cheese, mushrooms, and onion.  Add the salt and pepper.

4. Lay pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. 

4.  Let bacon cool and then crumble into egg mixture.  Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.  Cook in oven for 35-40 minutes until quiche is set in the middle.  Allow to cool for ten minutes. You may need to add salt and pepper to taste. 

Family Rating: 1 thumb up. (I had to pick out the onions and mushrooms for the kids and like I mentioned previously, it was a little too oniony.)

No comments:

Post a Comment