Sunday, January 15, 2012

Children's Book Review: Animal Strike At The Zoo. It's True!

Animal Strike at the Zoo. It's True!

Aniaml Strike At The Zoo. It's True!
Written by:  Karma Wilson
Illustrated by:  Margaret Spengler
Published by: HarperCollins, 2006
32 pages

from goodreads.com:
There's an animal strike at the zoo!

oh no, oh my!

 
What's a zookeeper to do when the lions and tigers and bears refuse to roar and prowl and growl? And when little Sue, who has been waiting all year for this trip to the zoo, enters the gate, will the animals decide to give their strike a break?


Karma Wilson's fun, playful text paired with Margaret Spengler's bright and lively pastels create an unforgettable, irresistible zoo of chaos and fun!

* Karma Wilson is the same author of the "Bear" series (I recently reviewed Bear Feels Scared) which we have become a fan of.  I actually bought this book for my kids through one of their school book orders.  It is written in rhyme and has cute pictures of zoo animals.  The animal demands are humorous but I had to explain to my daughter what a strike was.  Overall, a cute animal story.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment