Sunday, January 29, 2012

Slow Cooker: Baked Chicken Breasts

I'm always looking for new slow cooker recipes that actually taste good!  I love looking through the cooking light message boards where people post crock pot recipes that they've tried and enjoyed.  That's where I found this one. I left out the tarragon/rosemary because I didn't have any.  I served this with rice pilaf and peas.  The chicken breasts I had were pretty thin and I find that my slow cooker cooks things fast.  These were done probably in 3 1/2 hours or so on low and then I had to keep them on warm and eventually turn the slow cooker off for fear of really overcooking them. The kids enjoyed this, minus the mushrooms!


Baked Chicken Breasts
posted on the Cooking Light Message Boards by mrswaz, from Fix It and Forget It

Ingredients:
6 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons butter
1 can cream of chicken soup, condensed
1/2 cup dry sherry
1 teaspoon dried tarragon -- or rosemary
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces mushrooms, canned

 Preparation:
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
 
In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Heat until smooth and hot. Pour over chicken.

Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours
 
Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment