Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Super Simple Lamb Marinade

I used this lamb marinade for our New Year's Eve dinner.  We weren't going out and we didn't have lamb this Christmas Eve, like we normally do.  I actually got this recipe from my sister.  When we were visiting her this past Easter she had used this marinade and it was soooo good that I had to have the recipe so I could make it myself!  We served this with roasted potatoes and broccoli rabe.  I'm giving it a mommy & daddy rating of 1 1/2 thumbs up (I think my son ate one bite, but my daughter ate all of hers).  I don't know if it's the way my sister cooked her lamb, but mine wasn't as amazing as it was when she cooked hers.  It was still pretty tasty though!





Super Simple Lamb Marinade
food.com

Ingredients:
1 ziploc bag (gallon size)
3/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I use Kikkoman)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
6 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey

Directions:
1Add all ingredients to the zip-lock bag, seal, and smoosh around to blend everything together.2Dump your lamb chops or racks in and marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.3Take out and bring to room temperature before cooking.4Heat up your oven or grill and cook away, using the remaining marinade for an occassional basting!

Mommy & Daddy Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment