Monday, January 9, 2012

Onion Cheese Biscuits

These were made to go with the Curried Squash-Apple Soup.  They were really easy to make and tasted great!  Very light and fluffy. Of course my daughter didn't like the onions in the biscuits, but I thought that they added nice flavor to them.  I used the cheeses that I did based on what I had in my refrigerator.  The original recipe called for cheddar.

Onion Cheese Biscuits
reciped adapted from allrecipes.com - by Joann Alexander

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
3 cups biscuit/baking mix
3/4 cup shredded colby cheese
3/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
1 cup finely chopped onion
cooking spray

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  2. In a small saute pan coated with cooking spray, saute onions until translucent. 3. In a bowl, combine the milk, egg and butter. Add biscuit mix, colby cheese and sauteed onion. Spoon into twelve greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks so yummy, I had to pin it for later!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you pinned them! Let me know how they turn out if you make them!

    ReplyDelete