Friday, January 27, 2012

Ham Casserole

I had a ham steak and I wanted to do something with it besides heat it up and serve as is.  Ham and swiss cheese always go well together.  Add in some potato and a creamy sauce and you have this awesome casserole!  Of course, I'm infamous for not reading through an entire recipe before putting it on the menu.  This was one of those times that I'm glad I'm at home.  If I came home after a long day of work and realized that I had to cook the potatoes first.....well, we would have been eating take-out!  So, this ended up taking a bit longer than I had expected to make.  However, we all really enjoyed it and there was enough for leftovers for lunch the next day!




Ham Casserole
adapted from food.com - by cuisinebymae

Ingredients:
2 cup potato , cooked and cubed

1 cup chopped onion
4 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
4 cups cubed cooked ham
1 cup ritz crackers, crushed

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.


2.  Cook onion in butter.

3. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.

4. Add milk slowly, stirring continuously, cook until thick.

5. Remove from heat.

6. Add cheese and stir until it melts and is well blended.

7. Add ham and potatoes and mix together.

8. Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle with cracker crumbs.

9. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!



No comments:

Post a Comment