Saturday, January 14, 2012

Recipe Repeat: Greek Shrimp and Spinach with Penne

I made this recipe back in March of 2009 and I starred it, so I thought I'd try it again since I had some feta that needed using up.  I don't remember much from the last time I made it, but this time around it didn't wow me.  It was definitely easy to make and pretty quick, minus the defrosting and peeling of the shrimp (I used frozen). The kids ate the pasta and some shrimp.  My son ate the feta (he LOVES cheese of all kinds!).  They were not fans of the tomatoes and spinach though.  This is another quick and easy weeknight meal.


Greek Shrimp and Spinach with Penne
Cooking Light, March 2000

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
Cooking spray
8 cups chopped spinach (about 10 ounces)
1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked, tube-shaped pasta)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese

Directions:
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.  Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or just until spinach wilts.  Spoon spinach mixture into a large bowl, and set aside.  Add 1 teaspoon oil, garlic and shrimp to pan; saute 3 minutes.  Stir in lemon juice, oregano, pepper, and tomatoes; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  Add shrimp mixture to spinach, and toss well.  Serve over pasta, and sprinkle with cheese.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment