Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Asian Burgers

Restaurants offer so many different and interesting types of sandwiches and wraps that I rarely order a burger when eating out.  I don't often make them at home either.  But every now and then I'm in the mood for a good burger, especially when I saw this recipe.  My family enjoys eating almost anything with Asian flavors (could it possibly be due to me being Korean??!!).  I thought that these burgers would be juicy and flavorful.  Unfortunately, I found them to be pretty dry (which could be due to me overcooking them) and lacking a bit in the flavor department.  I've made other variations of "Asian" burgers in the past that were much tastier.  I've made marinated cucumbers as a sid dish before but serving them on the burger was different.  The kids at their cucumbers on the side and dipped them in salad dressing.  I served these with french fries and the kids ate all of their dinner but I wasn't really impressed with these burgers.

Asian Burgers
recipe slightly adapted from parents.com

Yield:  6 servings

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef

2 scallions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
English muffins, split and toasted
1/2 medium seedles cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
Rice vinegar

Directions:
1. In a large bowl mix together the beef, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Shape mixture into six 1/2-inch thick patties.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties about 5 minutes per side or until done (160 degree F).

3. In a small bowl, toss cucumber with a bit of rice vinegar.

Serve burgers on English muffins topped with sliced cucumber.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment