Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken Pasta

I love fresh, vine-ripe tomatoes.  My parents gave me some tomato seedling plants which have been growing beautifully on my deck.  I'm hoping to have a bunch of home-grown tomatoes soon!  However, I'm not a big fan of warm, cooked tomatoes.  This recipe sounded good because the bruschetta was served over the cooked pasta and chicken, so it doesn't really get warm.  This dish was quick and easy to make (minus the hour marninating time) but uses a lot of pots/dishes!  I liked how the different components of this dish are layered.  So I was able to give the kids pasta, sauce, and chicken with just a taste of tomato.  My daughter ate her dinner but my son didn't like the sauce.  I thought the bruschetta was delicious and mixed with the pasta, alfredo sauce, and chicken, made a tasty dinner!

Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
slightly adapted from Crumbs and Chaos

Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken breast
bottled Italian dressing
15 oz. jar alfredo sauce
8 oz. penne pasta
4 tomatoes, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Place chicken in a plastic bag or container with a lid, cover with Italian dressing. Put in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.

Make bruschetta: in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil and onion. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.

Grill or broil chicken. Slice into thin pieces.

Cook pasta as directed on package. Heat alfredo sauce in a small saucepan.

When ready to serve, layer pasta, sauce, chicken and bruschetta.
 
Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment