Friday, July 27, 2012

Peach Blackberry Cobbler

I know that not everyone likes carrot cake so I wanted to have another dessert available for guests.  While I did serve watermelon I didn't want to go to the trouble of making a fruit salad.  I ended up deciding on this fruit cobbler.  Both the peaches and blackberries were on sale too which was a plus.  This was easy to make.  I got it ready before we sat down to eat and while we were eating popped it in the oven to bake.  I served this with vanilla ice cream.  Everyone was raving about this.  I know my daughter isn't a big fan of warm fruit but she surprisingly ate some and enjoyed it.  I think there are too many cobbler-like recipes out there that I haven't made  that I probably wouldn't repeat this one again.  However, I highly recommend it!

Peach Blackberry Cobbler
Recipe from Cooking Light, May 2008

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
Cooking spray
3 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 1 pound)
2 cups fresh blackberries
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided (about 4 1/2 ounces)
1 cup sugar, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup 1% low-fat milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter into the bottom of a 2-quart dish coated with cooking spray.

3. Combine peaches, blackberries, and 1 tablespoon flour in a large bowl; toss gently. Add 1/4 cup sugar and ginger; toss gently to combine. Pour peach mixture into prepared baking dish. Lightly spoon remaining 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 1 cup flour, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and milk, stirring with a whisk. Pour batter evenly over fruit mixture.

4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment