Monday, July 2, 2012

Children's Book Review: Mouse Mess

Mouse Mess

Mouse Mess
Written and illustrated by:  Linnea Riley
Published by:  The Blue Sky Press, 1997

from goodreads.com:
Internationally acclaimed cut-paper artist Linnea Riley presents the delicious tale of a mouse in search of a snack who create chaos in the kitchen. Young readers will relish the midnight snacks and marvel at the antics of a mouse who loves crumbly cookies and crunchy cornflakes!

* When the family goes to sleep, it's time for little mouse to find some food.  Told in rhyme, this story tells and shows the mouse making a big mess as he finds and eats his snack.  The kids had read this book with my husband earlier in the week. Before I even began reading they told me that the mouse is "naughty."  When I got to the end (hopefully not spoiling it too much for you) I was annoyed that the mouse left the big mess!  Can you tell I hate messes?!!!  Overall, I thought it was an okay read, but the illustrations, made of cut paper, were interesting. 


Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment