Monday, July 23, 2012

Eggplant Salad

As we were creating the menu for my son's family birthday party my husband looked at the grocery circular, noticed eggplant on sale and said let's make eggplant.  He described ingredients and steps that sounded very similar to this salad recipe that I had in my recipe folder.  It was easy enough to make and the only cooking involved was the microwave!  The look of it reminded me of baba ghanoush but it was a little chunkier.  At the meal it was a light side that tasted okay.  I definitely wasn't a fan of the leftovers the next day.   

Eggplant Salad
from food network magazine

Ingredients:
2 eggplants
1/4 cup red onion, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
cilantro
half a lemon
salt and pepper

Directions:

Soak red onion in water. Pierce the eggplants with a fork; microwave until soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly, then halve, scoop out the flesh and chop. Drain the onion; toss with the eggplant, olive oil, some chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Drizzle with more olive oil.

Family Rating: So-so.



No comments:

Post a Comment