Sunday, July 22, 2012

Marinated London Broil


After my husband and I decided on making chicken, I realized that I also had a twin pack of london broil in the freezer.  We figured we'd marinate those up and grill them and our mains were taken care of.  Normally I do an asian-inspired marinade with hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and garlic.  I wanted to do something different and my cookbook was open to one of my dessert recipes (see Friday's post this week!) and this recipe was on the opposite page!  How convenient!  I put the marinade together the night before and my husband grilled this up the next day.  It was flavorful and tasty and the meat was cooked perfectly medium!  It was a nice change from our usual marinade and everyone seemed to enjoy it.


Marinated London Broil
recipe slightly adapted from Cooking Light, May 2008

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (2-pound) boneless top round steak, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Pierce steak with a fork. Add steak to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning every 30 minutes.

2. Heat grill.

3. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Scrape shallots and garlic from steak; discard shallots and garlic. Place steak on heated grill . Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and pepper. Grill approximately 5 minutes on each side, to desired doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment