Sunday, July 1, 2012

Children's Book Review: My Truck is Stuck!

My Truck is Stuck!

My Truck is Stuck!
Written by:  Kevin Lewis
Illustrated by:  Daniel Kirk
Published by: Hyperion Books for Children, 2002

from goodreads.com:
This lyrical read-aloud picture book introduces young "drivers" to the ins and outs of hauling, beeping, and repairing.

* I took this book off the library shelf based on the title alone.  My son is a big car and truck lover and if anything, I thought that he'd at least enjoy looking at the pictures.  Told in rhyme this book is about a truck carrying bones that gets stuck in a hole.  Different vehicles come and try to help the truck but can't get it out of the hole.  Finally, a tow truck comes and gets the truck out so he can make his delivery.....but the driver may be in for a surprise!  My son really liked this book and spent a lot of time just looking at the pictures. It was just an okay story for me, but it was cute seeing my son enjoy it so much.

Family Rating:  1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment