Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Children's Book Review: Chalk

Chalk

Chalk
Illustrated by:  Bill Thomson
Published by: Marshall Cavendish Children, 2010

from goodreads.com:
A rainy day.
Three kids in a park.
A dinosaur spring rider.
A bag of chalk.
The kids being to draw...
and then...
magic!

* I first heard that this book was a "picture" book with no words and held off on reading it.  I wish I hadn't waited so long!  I read this to my son and had him help me tell the story.  We were both surprised and awed as we turned each page.  The story is about three kids who find a bag of chalk at the park.  They don't realize that the chalk is magic and some interesting events unfold.  The illustrations are amazingly realistic. My son LOVED this story and couldn't wait to read it to his sister.  I told him that there was no right or wrong way to read it and that the story can change each time it's told.  Since that first time we've read it together I cannot count the number of times that I have seen him sitting on the floor looking through the book. 

Family Rating:  2 thumbs up!



No comments:

Post a Comment