Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ranch Doritos Taco Salad

I saw this recipe and it brought back memories from my childhood.  My mom made a similar salad using regular Nacho Doritos, but the same premise.  And I remember really enjoying it.  My husband ended up going to a Yankee game with my dad last minute the night I had planned to make this.  I was hesitant about making this for just me and the kids.  But the produce was ripe and ready to use and the next night we were going out to dinner and I couldn't make it then.  So I ended up making it but wish I had waited.  The kids wanted nothing to do with this meal but eat the doritos.  I really enjoyed it.  But warning, the doritos get soggy overnight.  The next day my husband and I both had some for lunch.  I forgot to remind him to bring some fresh doritos from the bag, so he ended up with a soggy mess for lunch.  I added some crunched up new doritos to my salad and it was better.  Definitely not as good as the first night, but better than the soggy mess my husband ate!

Ranch Doritos Taco Salad
recipe slightly adapted from Moms Crazy Cooking

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey cooked with 1/2 envelope Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 head of lettuce
Ranch Doritos Chips
1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing

Directions:The recipe is simple, the ingredients are easy. Add a few more, or take away a few if you don't like them. But the secret ingredient is the Thousand Island Dressing (even people that don't like Thousand Island LOVE this recipe) and the Ranch Doritos... make this salad taste like no other Taco Salad you've ever had before. It's DELICIOUS!!!

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment