Friday, May 18, 2012

Velveeta Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake

I found this recipe in a "velveeta recipes" internet search.  I thought it was perfect since we hadn't had breakfast for dinner in awhile.  Plus, it had bacon in it.....and my family LOVES bacon! This was pretty easy to put together, but it does need to cook for 40 minutes.  I didn't need to give the kids a shower tonight, so it was nice to play a game with them and then let them relax by watching a little television before dinner.  This was surprisingly tasty to me (since I'm not a big fan of the cheese!) and the kids ate theirs up, minus the mushrooms.  This made enough for us to have plenty of leftovers.  My daughter took some for lunch the next day, while it made a nice breakfast for my husband and I. 

Velveeta Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Bake
from Mommy's Kitchen

Ingredients:
8 - slices bacon, chopped
2 - cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
1/2 lb. - fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 - onion, chopped
12 - eggs
1/3 cup -sour cream
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) - Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, thinly sliced

Preparation:
HEAT oven to 350ºF. COOK bacon in large skillet on medium heat 10 min. or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels. Meanwhile, add potatoes, mushrooms, and onions to drippings; cook approximately 10 min.  until onions are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. SPREAD vegetable mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Whisk eggs and sour cream until well blended; pour over vegetable mixture. Top with bacon and VELVEETA. BAKE 40 min. or until center is set and casserole is heated through.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment