Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Greek Pizza

Pizza is usually a weekly meal at our house.  When I was growing up, Friday night was always pizza night, but it was from the local pizzeria.  I can't remember the last time that our family had pizzeria pizza! My daughter loves it though, so luckily, it's a staple at Kindergarten birthday parties.  When I saw this pizza recipe I had to try it.  I'm always on the lookout for new variations of pizza and this one had flavors that I knew we (meaning my husband and I!) would enjoy.  I ended up not needing a whole can of artichoke hearts or olives and had leftover cheese, tomato and onions.  Lucky me, my husband made me a Greek omelet with the leftovers the next morning!  Delish!

Greek Pizza
recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking

Ingredients:
1 store-bought pizza dough
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 can tomato sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Feta cheese
1/2 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
1/2 6 oz. can sliced olives
1 Red onion, sliced thinly
1 Roma tomato, sliced thinly
Penzys Pasta Sprinkle

Directions:
Preheat pizza stone in oven at 425 degrees.
 
In a small frying pan on medium heat melt butter and saute red onion slices until wilted.


Roll the dough into whatever shape and size of pizza you desire.  Evenly spread sauce, mozzarella, artichoke hearts, tomato slices, red onions, sliced olives, feta cheese and Penzys pasta sprinkle on top.

Place in the oven and bake for 10-14 minutes or until desired crispiness.


Mommy & Daddy Rating: 2 thumbs up!






No comments:

Post a Comment