Monday, April 30, 2012

Children's Book Review: The Three Little Rigs

The Three Little Rigs
The Three Little Rigs
Written and illustrated by:  David Gordon
Published by: Laura Geringer Books, for HarperCollins, 2005

from goodreads.com:
In this comic sequel to "The Ugly Truckling," Gordon, concept artist for Fox, Pixar, and Nickelodeon, turns his attention to this retelling of "The Three Little Pigs," as three little rigs learn about bravery and teamwork.

* After having recently read The Three Tamales, I found this book at the library and knew my son would love it.  I was soooo right!  This book is another take on the classic Three Little Pigs, which my kids are very familiar with.  In this story the three rigs each make a garage out of different materials.  Then the "big, bad, wrecking ball" comes knocking on the door wanting to come in and....well, you know the tale!  Of course with the truck/building theme going on in this book I had to stop every couple of pages to explain to my curious daughter what an air compressor, chrome, conveyor, and mortar was (though I couldn't really explain the air compressor!).  I thought that this was another cute take on a classic story, that my son especially loved.

Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment