Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ham and Pineapple Pizza

Home-made pizza has become almost a weekly dinner staple in our house.  It's cheap, quick, easy to make, and tastes so good!  Plus, the variations are endless.  I can't remember the last time we ordered a pizza.  Although I've eaten variatons on "Hawaiian" pizza I had never made it before.  My kids love ham and pineapple so I thought it would be a winner.  It pretty much was, although we discovered that our daughter who loves pineapple, does not like it warm, on her pizza.  My son really liked it.  I ended up making two pizzas, one for the adults with the crushed red pepper, and one for the kids without.
Ham and Pineapple Pizza
recipe adapted from Cooking Light, December 2001

Ingredients:
1 store bought pizza dough
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Penzys Pasta Sprinkle
1/2 cup (2-inch) julienne-cut cooked ham
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
 
Preparation:
Preheat pizza stone in oven at 450°.

Roll out/shape dough into desired shape. Spread sauce evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle Pasta Sprinkle on sauce.  Top with ham, pineapple, and cheese; sprinkle with red pepper. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment