Friday, April 6, 2012

Robbi's M&M Cookies

My daughter recently joined Girl Scouts.  Her troop had their Investiture ceremony last week and we were asked to bring refreshments to eat after the ceremony.  I knew that I couldn't go wrong with these cookies.  What five, six, and seven year old girls don't like M&M cookies?!  I have to say that I don't make cookies a lot.  And believe it or not, I don't think I've ever made M&M cookies until now.  I will say that after making these for the first time, that I WILL be making them again! I think the shortening made them so good.  I had never made cookies with shortening either before now.  Somehow, these cookies had a more buttery, crispier, taste than other cookies I've made.  I don't know if I made my cookies larger than normal but I only got about 48 versus the 72 that the original recipe says it makes.  Regardless, I saved a dozen of the cookies for the family and we ate them up in days.  The Daisy Girl Scouts and their families also ate all the cookies up at the ceremony!

Robbi's M&M Cookies
allrecipes.com - by Robbi Schultze

Yield: 5 to 6 dozen

Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces

Directions:
1.In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 3/4 cup of M&M candies.

2.Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.

3.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 9 to 11 minutes, to your liking.

Family Rating: 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment