Thursday, April 19, 2012

Masala Meatballs

I love Indian Food.  My favorite thing to do is to go to the lunch buffet because then I'm not limited to one dish.  I can sample all kinds of dishes and try new things that I probably wouldn't order if going out for dinner.  I think I've mentioned that I really like meatballs and meatloaf and am always looking for new variations on the dishes.  I thought this "Indian" take on meatballs was different.  They were really easy to make and quick to cook.  I served them over pasta with the sauce.  My husband thought that they were tasty, but the kids and I weren't big fans.  To me they were okay, but nothing I'd rave about.  Luckily, there are many more recipes out there waiting to be tried!


Masala Meatballs
Recipe slightly adapted from EveryDay With Rachael Ray, Jan./Feb. 2012

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
2 eggs
Salt
2 tablespoons EVOO
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 cups marinara
10 ounces spinach

Directions:
Mix first 5 ingredients with 1/4 tsp. salt. Heat EVOO in skillet over medium. Brown tbsp.-size meatballs in skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover; simmer 7 minutes.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment