recipe slightly adapted from Cooking during Stolen Moments
1 box manicotti, cooked, drained, and rinsed with cold water
1/2 lb. chicken fully cooked and cubed
15 oz. container ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 teaspoon Penzys Pasta Sprinkle
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1. In a large bowl combine chicken, ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese and seasonings.
2. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken stock and milk. Bring to a slow boil until thickened slightly, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
4. Pour half of sauce into 13x9 casserole dish. Fill manicotti with chicken and ricotta filling.
5. Layer filled manicotti into the casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce on top and then add remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Family Rating: 1 1/2 thumbs up.